Is There a Jar Big Enough?

Book Riot blogger Rachel came up with a great way to plow through her To Be Read book stack: the Jar.

In this jar are the titles of all of the books you wish to read.

When the time comes to start a new book, you reach into the Jar and voilá! Your choice is made for you.

I like to think I can meet my book choosing needs, but I suspect that's not the case. I have an autographed copy of The Poisoner's Handbook that I've been meaning to read, and now PBS American Experience is featuring the book.

I also have the same plan for Wild and The End of Your Life Book Club, whose authors I met last year and whose books I am ready to read.

And yet none of those books are on my nightstand yet this month.

Will a jar help me get to all of the books I want to read, or am I just kidding myself? Would a jar help you? Will a jar help anyone with a serious book addiction?

Do I need to stop asking questions and start reading? I think we have a winner....

Comments