Members of the adult Summer Reading Program also have an added bonus: the chance at a free book of their choice for being the most ambitious reader of the group.
This year's winner is Karen Young, an avid reader who joined the summer book program when it was first established in 2013. This is her summer 2015 reading list:
- Following Atticus
- Revenge of the Middle-Aged Woman
- The Loop
- Ice Trap
- Ghost Hunting
- Seeking Spirits
- Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
- I am Haunted Living Life Through the Dead
- Hollow City
- The Trail of Painted Ponies
- The Bridges of Madison County
- The Gift
- Under the Sun
- The Book of Matthew, New Testament, Holy Bible
- The Book of Mark, New Testament, Holy Bible
- The Martian
- Steamboat Gothic
- Special Delivery
- The Old Man and the Sea
- Ben Franklin's Wit & Wisdom
For her epic reading, Karen will receive the book of her choice. What will it be? I'm kind of excited to find out myself!
Did you have an epic summer of reading? I posted my list recently. Share your list — either in the comments below, or send me an e-mail.