Books by Post

Some days, the mail is almost as wonderful as Christmas.

Yesterday was that kind of day.

When I returned to my desk at work after a meeting, I found two packages. The first contained a keyboard/cover for my new computer device. The other was a book: The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Steadman.

When I got home, a second package awaited me with two books: The Twelve Terrors of Christmas by John Updike (with drawings by Edward Gorey) and The Twelve Rooms of the Nile by Enid Shomer.

This will give me plenty to read for a while. Steadman's book is my book club's next book (and I now can read it in time!). The rest will add to my "summer reading pile." Yes, summer reading: it's right around the corner, you know.

Have you treated yourself lately to a new book? If so, what did you get? Do tell!

Comments