Listing Book Piles, 2012 Edition

This year, I changed a few ways I do things: a new house, new technology — why not?

But now I haven't the foggiest what I have read this year.

It's true: I used to record them in the monthly pages of my organizer, which I affectionately called "my brick." (It was that heavy.) Then I got a Kindle Fire and started using Google Calendar (which, I realize, in the end will lack the permanence and reference of my Franklin Covey pages).

This streamlining encouraged me to stop recording my books as I finished them. Now I have multiple sources, none of them easily organized and quick to provide information. Sigh. I thought I was being so clever.

Now, I shall record on this page, in no particular order, all of the books I have read this year. That I can remember. Feel free to let me know how wrong I am, for that is the only thing of which I am certain.


My 2012 Reading List (I think; subject to change when I remember another one or realize I read it last year instead)

  1. The Submission
  2. The Age of Miracles
  3. Johannes Cabal: The Fear Institute
  4. The Great Stink
  5. How To Be a Woman
  6. Mockingjay
  7. Catching Fire
  8. Fifty Shades Freed
  9. Beyond Hades: The Prometheus Wars
  10. The Night Circus
  11. Fifty Shades Darker
  12. A Princess of Mars
  13. Fifty Shades of Grey
  14. We Have Always Lived in the Castle
  15. Explosive Eighteen
  16. The Hunger Games
  17. Faefever 
  18. Visitants
  19. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
  20. One of Our Thursdays is Missing
  21. The Woman in Black
  22. The Devil's Elixir
  23. The Mirror
  24. A Town Like Alice
  25. The Innocents
  26. What We Talk About When We Talk About Anne Frank
  27. Lamb 
  28. The Leftovers 
  29. The Tiger's Wife
  30. The Broken Mirror
  31. Let's Pretend This Never Happened
  32. Dino Dung
  33. Fragments: Poems, Intimate Notes, Letters by Marilyn Monroe
  34. How To Be A Woman 
  35. Behind the Beautiful Forevers 
  36. Two Against the Tide 
  37. Miracle and Other Christmas Stories (re-read)
  38. From the Borderlands: Stories of Terror and Madness (reread, much to my surprise) 
  39. The Odds: A Love Story 
  40. The Song of the Quarkbeast 
  41. John Dies at the End
  42. This Book is Full of Spiders: Seriously, Dude, Don't Touch It
  43. Before I Go To Sleep 
  44. Mr. Pusskins: A Love Story
  45. Mr. Pusskins and Little Whiskers: Another Love Story 
Not a bad list. The volume is thanks to the Chris' Summer Reading Club. The variety is thanks to a reading club, Fall for the Book and very good recommendations from friends and family.

For the record, I have a few favorites:
  • If you haven't read The Night Circus yet, go do that now.
  • Fragments made me weep for such a fragile, creative artist.
  • I'm standing on a chair because of How to Be a Woman.
  • I'm still laughing from Let's Pretend This Never Happened.
  • My love for India grows with Behind the Beautiful Forevers.
  • Get weirded out with David Wong. Seriously, dude.

What did you read this year?

More importantly, how do you remember all you've read?

Comments